IT'S OFFICIAL WE WILL BE HOSTING THIS EVENT IN PERSON!
The event is limited to 299 people and as of April 16 there are 71 participant spaces left.
Do something special with your MOM this Mother's Day!
Start a new tradition with family and friends at the premier Central Ohio Mother's Day Race!
I Love MOM races include a 1mi Run/Walk, 5k Run/Walk, 10k Run and FREE Kids Fun Run for the benefit of Project Memories Ohio.
Sunday, May 9, 2021 - 9am - Powell, Ohio
All 1mi, 5k and 10k participants will receive a super soft ring spun blended race shirt, beautifully decorated delicious stuffed cupcakes/cake-pops/no bake cake balls, custom race bib, finisher's medal, food, refreshments and everyone will receive a fragrant fresh flower with vase to keep or give to your mother!CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!!
PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP TO THIS EVENT IN PERSON AND EXPECT TO REGISTER FOR THE RACES. THE EVENT WILL SELL OUT AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE PER HEALTH DEPARTMENT CAPACITY REGULATIONS.
Race Day Information
Race day packet pick-up and same day registration will open the morning of the event on Sunday, May 9 at 8:00am in the first parking lot to your left off Home Rd into Liberty Park. The address is:
2845 Home Rd
Powell, OH 43065
The 1mi, 5k and 10k races will begin at 9:10am. The Kids FUN Run will precede the 5k/10k start at 9:00am.
The 1mi, 5k and 10k will all be the same price. Price increases as more participants sign up so register early to save and to guarantee your spot in the race as we will sell out!
UPDATE: Pricing will be extended at the $40 rate until the event has 250 participants (21 spaces left as of April 16) and the final 50 registrants will be at an increased fee of $50/person.
The kids fun run is FREE but has a maximum cap of 25 so pre-registration is mandatory. If you wish to purchase a shirt for your child you can preorder them for $10.
QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-636-3386
What You Get For Registering
~A safe and sanitary outdoor event
~Flower with water beads in your choice of colored vase
~Custom designed race bib
~Specialty crafted cupcake, cake-pop or no bake cake balls!
~Participation in desired event
~State of the art chip timing and immediate online results
~Finish line photos
~Touch screen kiosk with instant results
~Custom finisher medals - your choice of style and design!
~Professional finish line arch
~Limited edition ring spun cotton shirts for all participants (they are so soft!)
~Kids & Family FUN Run participants have the option to receive a shirt
(T-shirts may be available for purchase at the event however pre-ordering is recommended to guarantee you receive a T-shirt)
~Beautifully decorated race area with flags lining the streets and parking lots and photo ops!
Finisher medal choices:
COVID-19 Safety Protocols & Social Distancing
We are extremely excited to run with you in person and kindly ask that you follow the guidelines we have created with the local health department to keep everyone safe and continue to host live, in person races!
- Participants are required to self screen and must be free of symptoms and illness for 14 days prior to the race. Symptomatic participants may not participate. You will be asked COVID symptom related questions at packet pick up.
- Anyone who has COVID-19 will not be able to attend nor participate in the event. Additionally anyone who has come into contact with anyone who has or had COVID-19 within the past 21 days will not be able to attend nor participate. This includes participants, race staff and volunteers.
- There is no race day or paper registration. You must register online by 7am on race day.
- If you register by 12 pm the day before the race, packet pickup will be contact-less. All bags will be pre-packed, labeled and set out in alphabetical order for participants to quickly retrieve their swag. Registrants after 12pm the day before the race will pick up in a separate line.
- Whether at packet pickup or in the park on race day, you must wear a mask while in line to pick up your race items and you must maintain six feet physical distance from the person in front of you.
- Participants must wear masks until the race actually starts. The mask or face covering must cover your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Though our physical contact with participants will be minimal, hand sanitizer will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- You can begin lining up at 8:50 am for the start at 9:05 am. Please wait in your car until it is time to line up.
- The run will begin individually and in small group (family/spouse/etc..) waves every 10+ seconds with the maximum group size limited to 10 people. Marks on the ground for social distancing will be enforced during packet pick and starting the race.
- Participants are encouraged to maintain a distance of six feet from other participants and to run/walk single file as far right as possible, allowing enough room for others to pass if needed. Thus, running/walking side by side or in groups is highly discouraged.
- There will be no water stops on the course, so please bring your own water. At the finish line, we'll have bottled water and snacks to take with you.
- Restrooms may or may not be available in the park.
- No spitting, "snotting", or projections of any bodily fluid before, during, or after race.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which include high fives, fist bumps, or close contact before, during or after the event.
- Before, during, and after the race, participants must abide by the six-foot physical distancing requirement when lining up or passing other participants.
- Spectators are not permitted on the course, at start line, or finish line.
- Please do not congregate after the race. Participants are encouraged to gather their belongings and leave immediately after the race.
- Please read and follow all guidelines for this event. We cannot stress this enough. If these guidelines aren't followed, we'll have to stop the race. Additionally, following these guidelines will demonstrate to decision makers that we can continue to have future events.
- Local government and/or health officials may force us to change the in person status of the race due to COVID. Therefore this race may transition to a virtual event and no refunds or transfers will be offered. If this race transitions to virtual you will need to pick up your race swag bag at the originally scheduled packet pickup time/date above. No items will be mailed except for those who register for the virtual races.
Strollers and dogs (must be on a leash) are allowed.
Restrooms (brick and mortar, no stinky port-o-potty's) will be available right next to the registration area and the start/finish line and will be cleaned & sanitized regularly.
The course is a combination of well maintained trails and paved paths.
Parking is available in the numerous Liberty Park parking lots at the event site.
The top finishers will receive a special award and everyone will receive a finishers medal!
VIRTUAL RACE INFORMATION
Everyone signing up for the Virtual Race will receive a race day shirt, custom medal and custom bib.
A Virtual 5K (or any other virtual race distance) is a race that you choose to complete wherever and whenever you would like. You can walk, run, or use a treadmill. The beauty of a virtual race is that you can run the race at your pace at your convenience.
* It is not required to report your time. If reporting your virtual race time, you must contact us within two days after the actual race.
** You do not attend the actual race. If you would wish attend the race after registering, notify the race day
registration table that you were signed up of a virtual race.